This notice is to advise the calling of the Springfield Runners Group Annual General Meeting.
Date: Saturday 28th July 2018 Location: St Augustine’s College – 50 St Augustine’s Drive, Augustine Heights 4300
The Annual General Meeting is an important item in the SRG Calendar each year and we are pleased to announce the date with 5 weeks notice to our members. This is particularly important to provide a fair time frame for nominations for committee positions to take place and allow everyone a fair and reasonable opportunity to participate.
A detailed agenda will be posted closer to the AGM (no later than 7 days prior). However the key items for the meeting will be:
1. Presidents Report on the year;
2. Treasurers report on annual financials, position and audit outcomes;
3. Voting on amendments to our Constitution to remove ambiguities; and
4. Voting to take place on committee positions for the year ahead.
To familiarise everyone with the process of nominations and voting for committee positions please see the below notes:
1. At the AGM it is process that all current committee members retire from their positions prior to the vote. If they have been nominated (or choose to re-nominate) then they can be voted in again by the members present (or by members absent through a proxy).
2. The SRG Committee positions available for nomination are:
Social Media / Fundraising
Run Leader Co-ordinator
3. Nominations for Committee positions are invited and encouraged. These must be received by 5.00pm, Wednesday 11th July 2018. Nominations must be made by 2 SRG members in relation to the nominee and signed by all three individuals (i.e. the 2 members nominating and the nominee). These nominations will be posted on the SRG Website, shortly thereafter for the advice of all members.
4. Nomination forms can be downloaded on the events page on our website www.srg.org.au
Please send all nomination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and similarly all questions should be directed to this email.
Voting and Proxy process will be communicated closer to the AGM.
We look forward to seeing you all there.